Mankua have released a new alpha version of their upcoming Stripes plugin, which is being developed to add Ptex support to Max.
- You can now load and save painting projects
- Adds 'Load Ptex to layer' and 'Save layer to Ptex'
- You can now save merged layers to Ptex
- Adds paintable options for layers and objects
- Adds a Flip X option for stencil
New Features in Ptex Tools for Max
- Increase and Decrease size of Ptex file in Create Ptex file window
- Adds mental ray support in Max
If you are interested in becoming a beta-tester, then head over to this page and download the alpha version.
The commercial release of Stripes is planned for the second quarter of 2011.