Description & Features:
I've written this tool mainly because I find the existing selection tools in 3dsmax very poor and rather unpractical. The main goal was to create a tool which gives you a good hierarchic overview of the objects in your scene, and enables you to quickly select objects (with a single click!). Next to that, I wanted to make object parenting/linking more intuitive and easy.
* Tree view display of scene and hierarchy.
* Single click object selection.
* Drag & Drop object linking and grouping.
* Simple object selection within groups.
* Object renaming.
* Filter by object type.
* Select objects by name.
* Visual representation of object type (icons).
* Parent highlighting (green).
* Hidden objects are still shown, in grey text.
* Window can be kept open all the time.
3dsmax outliner script